I think I’ve finally caught up! Our first crocus has bloomed and the daffodils are out. The boxwoods have blossomed and the Bradford pear is working on it as I write this.
I spent most of January and part of February doing physical therapy for my shoulder, and just recently got the results of an MRI: extensive inflammation, some spurring, and a high probability of a superior labrum tear. From what I can tell, that usually requires an arthrogram to confirm the diagnosis, and arthroscopic surgery to repair. So I’m looking at 3-4 more months on the disabled list. (I will never plaster a ceiling again.)
I’m glad I repaired the fence this fall before my diagnosis. I’m not supposed to do any heavy lifting or work overhead. Fixing the fence required both. But at least my two new fruit trees are safe from marauding deer.
I had planned on building my chicken coop this month, but I have to postpone that. We’re also in the planning stages for a new kitchen, but that will require getting the cabinetry done in my studio, finishing the mudroom, then redoing the pantry. Once those steps are done we should have adequate storage for the kitchen stuff. All of that, with surgery looming, will be a two to three year project. Stay tuned.